Want to lower energy costs, reduce clanging pipes and stop over-heating apartments? Our team is here to help.
Here’s How It Works:
- Our Efficiency Advisors will explain your options to fix your building's steam heating system.
- We'll connect you with contractors trained by the City to make improvements.
- We'll find incentives to help pay for the cost of the work.
- We’ll train your staff to keep your steam heating system in working order.
- We'll be with you every step of the way, from project start to finish.
Good news! We can help your property manager or building staff fix problems and save money. Send us their contact information and we'll reach out right away.
Smart Steam Heating Upgrades
Most steam heating systems are decades old and haven't been updated. Simple fixes can help quiet clanging pipes, reducing overheating to make temperatures more consistent, and save between $10,000 and $30,000 a year on energy costs, based on building size and heating fuel. The best approach is to address the system as a whole. You can:
- Clean and tune the boiler.
- Install vents on pipes.
- Install modern heat controls.
- Install thermostatic radiator valves.
- Install pipe and boiler insulation.
- Repair steam traps on radiators.
Learn more about your options by reading the steam heating system upgrade playbook and case studies developed by our partner, the Building Energy Exchange.
Find a Contractor
The NYC Retrofit Accelerator has trained and qualified contractors to perform steam heating system upgrades. In many cases, these contractors can provide all of the services you need. In some cases, engineering services should also be considered.
Interested in becoming a qualified contractor? You can respond to New York City’s Request for Qualifications for Providers of Steam System Retrofits here.